Clear Channel Communications, Inc. is the world’s largest radio and outdoor advertising company with leading market positions in each of its two business segments: Radio and Outdoor. Clear Channel is also one of the most innovative media players in the market – a leader in the converging media space, having developed best-in-class integrated media offers (e.g. Radio/Web) and having built significant positions in the HD arena.
The Local Sales Manager is a leadership and sales role responsible for managing Radio station sales and a team of Account Executives. Primary responsibilities include generating station sales revenue and achieving sales goals; building & developing a group of talent Account Executives; growing and deepening customer relationships that translate into sales; and, general management activities that support sales (eg, reporting, account collection). The Local Sales Manager will create revenue by having a deep understanding of their clients’ needs and the local marketplace, and through coaching & guiding their team of Account Executives. The Local Sales Manager position reports to a General Sales Manager.
- Implement sales activities that generate new business & deepen existing relationships
- Translate market & station business strategies into specific actions that generate sales & revenue.
- Identify, hire, coach, train, and motivate a high performing sales team.
- Manage sales team and maximize / exceed revenue goals through inventory management and targeting customer needs.
- Attain overall revenue and market share goals.
- Analyze and report to management regarding station and market revenue activity.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Provide Director of Sales with the necessary sales reports, revenue & expense budgets, forecasts, and market analysis.
- Create & execute marketing programs & client services.
- Develop, implement, and communicate sales strategies and action plans.
- Identify, hire, coach, train, and motivate sales team.
- Drive results through others, manage team performance, set clear expectations, and hold team accountable against business metrics.
- Oversee efforts of sales team by reviewing sales proposals and negotiating with clients.
- Implement ongoing team management routines (eg, sales staff meetings).
- Assist in collection of accounts receivable.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience as Account Executive or Sales Representative in radio industry.
- Understanding of broadcasting, pricing inventory, ratings, marketing, promotion, and collection standards.
- Understanding of sales & sales processes with an ability to coach others on them.
- Understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales.
- Ability to grow the business and find new revenue opportunities over time, as well as create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with an ability to organize, prioritize, and multi task.
- Ability to push self & others to excel and execute in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to make business and people decisions, while creating positive energy in the face of challenges.
- Flexible and creative, with an ability to handle stress, deadlines, and financial pressures.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple groups.
Send resume and cover letter to Jeff Luckoff, Vice-President of Sales, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.